If you need a hip replacement why not consider going abroad to have it done? It may seem like a big move to make but you will reduce your waiting time considerably. There are many countries throughout the world who offer the highest quality of medical care and the hip replacement costs is affordable to most people.
Countries such as Mexico, Poland, Thailand, Belgium, and India have the best medical care available at a fraction of the price you will pay in the United States. If you decide to go to Thailand for the surgery you can also combine it with a vacation. The medical care in Bangkok hospitals is second to none and the price will surprise you. After your surgery you can relax on the beach while you recuperate . Here are some tips that should help you choose the destination for your surgery.
1. Cost of hip replacement: Price is a major consideration but do not let it be the only thing that affects your choice. The choice of clinic is important, and the after surgery care needs to be considered. It may be possible to find some feedback online about the clinic. Travelling, hotel, and physiotherapy costs will all need to be added to the hip replacement costs, but you will find that it will still be a great saving compared to the USA.
2. Experience of surgeon: This is not a factor you should worry about. Almost all of the surgeons, especially those from Asia, have been trained in the United Kingdom or the USA. Their expertise is on a par with the surgeons operating in these countries.
3. Research: You must research all aspects of the clinic and the surgeon. Most of the information will be available on the internet. You should be able to find out how many hip replacements the surgeon has performed and the success rate. Also check the clinic for hygiene . The last thing you want is an infection after your operation.
4. Comfort: Choose a hospital that has a good reputation for patient comfort. In Thailand the private hospitals have a great reputation for looking after their foreign patients. They will look after your dietary requirements while you recover in a private room. Everything is done to ensure a happy stay and a speedy recovery.
5. Insurance: Make sure that you have insurance before you travel. Although your operation is paid for, if you contract another illness this will need to be paid separately. Medical care in many of these countries is very expensive so you do not want to be worrying about payment while recovering from major surgery.
6. Packages: Many of the major clinics will offer a complete package that includes travel, surgery, accommodation and physiotherapy with a vacation added on.
These are some of the points that you should consider if you are thinking of going abroad for hip replacement surgery. The hip replacement costs and the lure of a vacation in the sun while you recover should remove any doubt.