Acne is a very usual problem for teenagers and it needs to be treated in order to prevent permanent scars on the skin. There are numerous things that can cause acne like heredity , hormones, stress, bacterial infection, vitamin deficiency and diet. It is very important for the individuals to know how to cure acne at the initial stages.
There are various treatments for curing acne as the purpose is to control the skin oil produced by the sebaceous glands by hormonal changes or other factors listed above. An individual can treat acne by using home made products or by getting prescriptions from the dermatologist. The treatments designed at home are for milder forms of acne and when the condition becomes severe, medical prescription from the dermatologist is necessary.
Some of the treatments for curing acne at home are:
- Apply honey mask on face as it has antibacterial properties and helps cure acne by destroying the bacteria .
- Eat vegetables and fruits that contain vitamin A as it protects the skin tissues and reduces sebum production.
- Wash face twice a day in slightly warm salty water as it helps remove oil from the skin unlike soaps.
- Apple vinegar is also effective for acne. You can dab cotton into it and apply gently on the face.
- Paste made out of cucumber and applied on face also helps reduce the problem of acne.
- Drink a lot of water as it keeps the skin hydrated and healthy.
- Use antibacterial cleansers for washing face
Apart from these home treatments for curing acne, prescribed treatments from dermatologist are long term as acne needs around three to seven months to heal completely. Therefore, acne treatment requires a lot of patience until the result show up. The doctor usually provides antibiotics for external use like Erythromycin. Apart from that, oral antibiotics are also prescribed such as Tetracycline. Often, there are few side effects associated with these antibiotics like dryness and allergy.
Acne often leaves unwanted permanent scarring of the skin even after the antibiotic treatment. The advancements made in the field of science have now made it possible to bring the skin back to normal. This can be done by Laser resurfacing which levels the skin and removes scarring. It is non invasion technique and heals skin in no time.
So acne might be the most frequently occurring problem in teenagers, but with present medical procedures it can be treated and skin can be restored to normal.